Finding A Tradable Pullback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finding A Tradable Pullback

You will hear a lot of things on the internet when it comes to how far a pullback needs to be to be a tradable pullback. One of the most common retracement levels is 61.8%, but the fact is that if you wait for this level to get touched, you will miss most of your trades.

I look for a retracement into what I call the Fibonacci Window, and this will give you a much wider zone for your pullbacks while keeping the success rate just as high.
    Use the Fibonacci Window to evaluate the strength of your pullback and you will do very well.

Originally posted by Russ View Post
    You will hear a lot of things on the internet when it comes to how far a pullback needs to be a tradable pullback. One of the most common retracement levels is 61.8%, but the fact is that if you wait for this level to get touched, you will miss most of your trades.

I look for a retracement into what I call the Fibonacci Window, and this will give you a much wider zone for your pullbacks while keeping the success rate just as high.
    Use the Fibonacci Window to evaluate the strength of your pullback and you will do very well.

Master,

Thank you for this free tutorial.
    I am going to practice this, definitely, it is going to work for me.
    Shalom

Comment

• Russ
      Russ commented
      Editing a comment
      I base my trading around this concept, it's the one thing that will make the biggest difference in your trading!

Originally posted by Russ View Post
    You will hear a lot of things on the internet when it comes to how far a pullback needs to be to be a tradable pullback. One of the most common retracement levels is 61.8%, but the fact is that if you wait for this level to get touched, you will miss most of your trades.

What is the indicator setting of the moving average in your video Russ?

Comment

• Russ
      Russ commented
      Editing a comment
      The moving average in this video will be the 13 EMA.
      I have a few favorite, the 13, 21, 34 are my favorite, but once you get to the 34, you're starting to exceed the functionality of the purpose of those settings. I like to keep the MA close enough to the market that it touches it on a regular basis.
Working...
X